If anyone defines Guts and Glory it’s our police officers and first responders. Ram Trucks knows these everyday heroes need durable vehicles they can depend on, day in and day out. That’s why we’re proud to offer the new 1500 Crew Cab 4×4 Special Service package for law enforcement and other emergency agencies. The new truck is designed specifically for extreme work in the field, and features a selection of severe-duty-adapted equipment, including:
- Added Power Distribution Center (PDC) and 220-amp alternator to support high-amp drawing systems and accessories to handle heavy electric loads for lighting, sirens, computer, modem, radar, and camera
- 5.7-liter HEMI® V-8 with 390 horsepower/407 lb.-ft. torque, 3.92 axle ratio and four-wheel-drive
- Unique instrument panel housing a certified speedometer with engine hour and idle hour meter and a 110-volt inverter.
- Steel wheels wrapped with Goodyear LT 265/70R17 tires for improved cooling to the ABS equipped 13.2-inch front vented discs and 13.8–inch discs in the rear
- Additional welds in the front door structures to handle the weight of ballistic material
“Like the Ram Truck brand, first responders give it their all with guts and glory, and we’re proud to offer a Ram truck that gives them the reliability and durability to get to the scene quickly and safely,” said Fred Diaz, President and CEO of Ram Truck Brand and Chrysler de Mexico — Chrysler Group LLC. “The Special Service package offers legendary Ram capability and a ready-to-go platform for the folks who require a truck they can depend on.”
Learn more in Chrysler Newsroom’s, “Ram Truck Brand Offers Special Services Police Truck for Extreme Duty Cycles.”